Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Letter!

Dear family,
 Thank you Becca for "almost" making me a smoothie.... but seriously thank you guys so much for the package! I loved it! I was so sure you guys weren't going to send me one, you even said so!  (good one guys) I hope you haven't gotten my letter i already sent home because it is only like like a paragraph long. Our branch president, President Goodman told us to wright a SHORT letter home just letting our family know we were alive. I didn't explain that in the letter and i really didn't want that to be the first thing you heard from me.
   So to answer some of your questions from the dear elders (thank you so much for those too!) no its not strange not having my phone. I don't even notice that its gone! everyone here doesn't have a phone so its not a big deal. but one of my teachers phones did go off the other day and it was like "oh my gosh i used to have one of those too". It seriously already feels i have been a missionary for like 2 months just because this place is so saturated by the missionary spirit! Mom i am not sick don't worry :) and you will be exited to hear that my long boarding injury has almost completely healed. Yes mom i am smarter than that. :)  I have been wearing a new shirt every day except for today because i ran out of clean ones... but its alright because we get to finally do laundry.  Hallelujah! I am going to try to send pictures but no one can figure it out and i don't have a lot of time!
   Becca to answer your question the MTC is amazing!! It is unlike anything i have ever done before. There have been so many amazing spiritual experiences already and i wish i had time to tell you guys about all of them. It is so different from what i expected in a good way though. It is hard work! i was silly to think it wasn't going to be. it has helped me grow so much; as a person as a missionary but most importantly it has helped me grow closer to my Savior Jesus Christ. Being called as a district leader (our district is our group that we are in class and study all day with, kind of like our MTC family) i have learned how to truly minister to others. At first it was really overwhelming because it was hard for me just worrying about myself, but through a lot of prayers i was guided in what i need to say and do to help us come together and be successful as missionaries. And i was able to stop focusing on myself. That is another thing i have learned! When Christ had every reason to turn in and worry about himself, after all that he went through in his mortal ministry, he was constantly turning outwards and caring for others.  This is a character of Christ that i am trying to apply in my own life.
    So now i am pretty positive that i cant send pictures. I am so sorry ): I will as soon as i can. Mom my "roomies" are really cool! Sleeping is pretty good. The first night i couldn't sleep because my head was spinning. But since then i have been fine. I got the top bunk because Christian told me too and i have realized that that may have been a lot easier for him because of the height difference... ;D  but its alright i have figured it out! My companion is Elder Taylor. When i first saw him i recognized him which weirded me out but then i realized that i saw him on @missionariescomingsoon!! crazy right! he looks just like Frodo from Lord of The Rings(that was the first assumption why i recognized him).
    I am going to really have to work on my typing speed because i am almost out of time. I love you guys so much. I really cant say that enough. I will love you for eternity and i as so happy that we are an eternal family. I am so greatful for my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. He is everything to me. Because of him i can change for good, i can repent, and i can live again. 

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH,

Elder Moe

MTC District

No comments:

Post a Comment