Monday, August 24, 2015

Green River, WY & Finally! Pics from the MTC



   Well all my wildest dreams have come true. I got called to serve in
WYOMING. It's awesome here!  My companion is
Elder Berry. This is his last transfer ): and it's my first! Kind of
funny right! When people ask us how long we have been out I say less
than a year and he says more than a year. We are here in Green
River! Its about the size of Owasso but a lot older and a bit smaller.
It's cool though because there are a lot of trucks and a few rednecks
so it's kind of like home!

   On our 2 1/2 hour drive out here we stopped at a gas station and
the lady there was like "hey elders!" And it took me a second to
realize that she was talking to me and then it hit me "oh my gosh I am
finally a missionary this is real..." I am so honored and humbled to
be a representative of Jesus Christ.  To wear his name on my chest is
a big responsibility but I wouldn't trade these two years for
anything. I have only been here a week but it feels like I have been a
missionary forever.

   Me and Elder Berry are both new to the area and it has been a
little slow but we are already teaching four people and three of them
want to be baptized. The amazing part is that all three are
kids who have friends that are members and have been invited to church
and activities and stuff with them! The youth here are amazing and
they love to share the gospel by doing one really simple thing...
INVITING!!!!!! It is so easy!

  We are working with a lot of less actives too and it's amazing
helping them build up their relationship with Jesus Christ. I am
learning to love people more openly and more easily.  I am not going
to lie and say that my mission so far hasn't been hard but it's
missionary WORK. It drains you physically spiritually and emotionally
but I know that with help from my savior Jesus Christ and his infinite
Atonement I can do anything he asks me to do!

Love,

Elder Moe

My MTC companion Elder Taylor in our classroom



 


My MTC District.





Leaving the MTC early August 18 for the Mission Home in SLC

Our bus ride to the train station early in the morning.

Guess who I found at the Mission Home?  Cameron Prestera from Owasso!
My first companion Elder Berry on our way to Green River, Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment