Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Most Awful Words I Will Ever Hear...

Hello family!

Ok, so my address is THE SAME!  I am staying in Green River. I am really relived but only one of the companionships are staying the same in my district so after tomorrow there is going to be a lot of changes. A new district leader (who will probably be my new companion as well) and the only companionship that isn't going to change will be Freebairn and Taylor. I am exited to see who President will be inspired to pair me up with.

Are you sending the sleeping bag? I am fine for now until the sleeping bag. I don't want to lug around a blanket and stuff. Send my boots please!! We have opportunities to work on farms quite a bit out here.

Sept. 26th baptism with Elder Moe, Ally and Elder Berry

So I answered the question about the baptism in the other email but she was great! She had a lot of family there. It was actually super stressful for us though because the ward mission leader (conducting) and the pianist didn't show up until like last minute. And I also put the wrong last name on the baptismal program. How was I supposed to know that she hadn't changed her name yet... It was super embarrassing... But yeah, she was super ready for baptism! She knew her stuff. Sotolongo interviewed her this week. That is why we were on exchanges.

GRANDPA IS GONNA BE THE COOLEST SEMINARY TEACHER EVER. I am super jealous of all the kids in that class. That is going to be sweet. They are going to walk out of that class completely mind blown every day.

No, it is not getting cold yet. It got to like 50s last week but it wasn't bad at all. Add Green River, Wyoming to your weather app.

We had quite a few miracles this week but let me share the biggest and most apparent one we saw. One day we are parked on the curb looking for something to do because an appointment fell through. This young man who is less active pulled up beside us and asked us to come over to his house and talk to him. We had been over to his house once before but he was sleeping on the couch and showed no interest in our visiting him. When we got to his house he began pouring his heart out to us about a challenge he was going through. He said he'd been praying all day and looking for us all over Green River. We were able to assure him that God heard and answered his prayer and could help him through this trial he's going through. I left him my scriptures to read a chapter we had left him. He texted us later in the week and said he had read them and wanted us to come back over. When we came back over to his house later in the week for the appointment he had brought three of his nonmember friends to hear from us. I felt a little like Alma when he talked to the Zoramites. 

6 “And now when Alma heard this, he turned him about, his face immediately towards him, and he beheld with great joy; for he beheld that their afflictions had truly humbled them, and that they were in a preparation to hear the word.”

I wasn't happy that he was going through this hard time but I saw that he had a broken heart and a contrite spirit and truly was prepared to hear the gospel again.


I am running short on time but I love you guys so much. I am forgetting what it was like not to be a missionary and I love it. I feel so bad for Elder Berry. This is something that I have been looking forward to almost my entire life and here I am. I look back just a few months ago and I see someone that I almost don't know anymore. I don't really feel like I have changed personality wise very much, but my whole perspective has changed. I went from worrying about so many little useless things to being able to live, breathe, and best of all, share this amazing gospel all the time. It is an amazing opportunity and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for it. I never want to stop being a missionary. It makes me so sad to know that one day I will have to sit across from President Bell and he is going to say the most awful words I will ever hear.. "You are released." I am not trying to be negative, but the thought gives me determination to fill every minute of my time here with something meaningful, something that can change someone's life. It makes me want to open my mouth, be bold and testify of our Savior Jesus Christ with power and with the spirit. I want to be able to say like the Apostle Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" I want to be able to say I have done all that I can and my work here is finished. Most of all I want to be able to say that I became the missionary and the man that my Father in Heaven wants me to be. I love this gospel, I love my Savior and I love my God.

Love,

Elder Moe


More Cats for Ava!

No comments:

Post a Comment