Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Elder Thomas is a Boss!


Dear Family,

I love and miss you guys. I love all of your videos every week!! So, things that have changed this transfer!:

"Deer and Elder Thomas"
1 My new companion is Elder Thomas and he is a boss! We are going to kill it this transfer. We are going to try to hit the standard of excellence twice and I know that we can do it. 
2 The district is all changed up. The only two companionships that didn't change were Elder Taylor (MTC comp) and Elder Freebairn. I will attach a picture of the new district. 
3 We have a zone leader! They are way awesome and are going to lead this Wyoming zone to great places.
4 It is getting a bit colder.
5 I am not the greenest greenie :)

Elder Berry is happy at home with his fiancĂ©e probably planning his wedding:) Yeah, we did do a tie exchange the last day.  We each picked out a tie and then we signed the back and wrote a note.

Tell Mandy that I am praying for her. How did she spill boiling water on herself?

Watching Priesthood session of General Conference
with this awesome family.
I loved conference this weekend. I was able to pay attention and watch every talk. I loved it so much. For some reason, as a missionary, everything about conference was exciting. When I was younger, I remember it used to drag on in what seemed like forever, but it really felt like it flew by this weekend. I know that the words we heard are exactly what we needed to hear and that those men really are called of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet for the entire world. He and all of the apostles are called for us.

I am really exited for this transfer! Elder Thomas is a great missionary and an awesome district leader. We have some stellar zone leaders as well. This district is destined for greatness, I know it. I have learned a lot this week about transfers and getting a new companion. We spent most of this new week introducing Elder Thomas to our investigators! The focus this transfer is going to be members and missionaries uniting, and so we met with a lot of leadership as well.

This week I am still working on diligence and charity. Diligence has been a real focus this week because we are trying hard to find new investigators and it hasn't been easy so far. I am trying to have diligence in every part of the work because I know that is what it is gonna take. I am still working on charity where I choose to turn outward instead of turning inward. "Charity never seekith selfish gratification." I want to try to think less about myself and focus solely on my investigators.

The miracle I saw this week was the opportunity to give a blessing to a member that needed some guidance in his life. I was able to feel the spirit of God as he filled my mouth with the things that he needed to hear. It was a miracle to me and it built my faith in the power of the Priesthood. I love being a missionary.

I love you guys. Thank you for all you do for me.

Love,
Elder Moe


"This is the first place I came when I got here to Green River, WY.  We ate dinner with the Hooleys on Oklahoma Drive."

"5 out of 6"



No comments:

Post a Comment