Monday, February 6, 2017

"Tag Teaming the Bathroom""

"Exchange breakfast of biscuits and gravy and French toast!"
Elders Owen, Jensen, Moe and Baldry
Feb. 6, 2017
Dear Family,

This week has been a crazy one. Monday night we went to this BBQ place that our Branch President took us to. Afterwards, Elder Jensen had an upset stomach, but we worked the rest of the night. At about 2 am I woke up and felt like garbage. When you’re sick you have this alone feeling at night like your engulfed in darkness; that was it. I was sitting in the bathroom with a bowl when Elder Jensen walked in on me; luckily I had the bowl. What followed was three days of tag teaming the bathroom and consuming nothing but lemon lime Gatorade that I never want to drink again. We came out of it slowly on Thursday, but I am still experiencing side effects of the Imodium; I lost 15 pounds though.  I am back to my weight from sophomore year.  I came away a better man.  Many prayers were said in our bathtub and I feel like I came away stronger.

Sick tender mercies...
  • Elder Jensen gave me a blessing and he said that sometimes as the body weakens the spirit is strengthened.
  • Elder Flaminano (a new missionary from the Philippines) gave me a blessing in Tagalog because his English isn't very fluent. I didn't understand what he said, but I felt an overwhelming sense of God's love.
  • I was able to sympathize better with all the sick people who we have met this week
  • We felt good enough to go to Winco, and the 32 L Powerade Zero was on sale for 67 cents. YES! NO MORE GATORADE!
  • The Midvale Elders got us a whole package of new toilet paper

This week we had a miracle on exchanges! This family moved here from California and we were finally able to have a lesson at their house. We came in and sat down with the parents and they called their son in to join as well. We were about to start, but then Elder Baldry saw that there was another boy that was about 14 years old listening from across the room in the hall. We asked him if he wanted to join us and he said, “yeah” and came over. We asked some questions at the beginning and he was looking really intently at the Book of Mormon that we gave him on the table in front of him. We asked him what his thoughts were and he said quietly, "I just want to learn about this book." We had an awesome lesson.  There is power in the book and it is a voice speaking out of the dust for those who are humble seekers of Jesus Christ.


Love, Elder Moe

(If the video doesn't show up, then click on the Elder Brinton Moe in the Salt Lake City East Mission link at the bottom of the page, or if it shows as an error, click on the youtube link in the black video box.)


"How to deflect a missionary knock"

No comments:

Post a Comment