Tuesday, December 15, 2015

"Elder Gill ate it hard... Like super hard"

Dear Family, 

I love you guys so much and we have had a crazy week. A lot of things happened and I took videos of most of them. 

First thing that happened was Zoe and Jason are getting married!!!!! There is this senior Missionary named Elder Guapo and he specializes in marrying people. We had heard some crazy stories about him but we brought him over to the lesson anyway. We told them why he was coming and what he was going to talk about but he didn't know that...  He told us "you never say marriage in a lesson!" And so his method (Bishop Stoddard told me this) is to read the Family Proclamation with them and then ask what God wants them to do. If they don't get it right, they read it again until they get it right. So after the first time through, he asked Zoe and she didn't know how to put it or what specifically he was looking for, so I leaned out from behind him and mouthed "marriage" and she understood and said marriage! Guapo jumped up, yelled and was congratulating her and giving high fives for getting it on the first try.  So we filled out the marriage license application and then he told them to put their shoes on. Twenty minutes later we were at the marriage office getting the marriage license. It was pretty exiting! They had already planned on getting married, they just needed a push and Guapo gave them a shove! It is all good though - they are getting married this week on Saturday and they are exited. The Relief Society is helping out a lot.

The next thing that happened was Elder Gill ate it on his bike. Friday morning we took a trip to Instacare to stitch up Elder Gills face. We were riding into the Willows Apartments and on the first speed bump Elder Gill ate it hard.. Like super hard. He landed like directly on his face. He tried to grab a hold of the handle bars to regain control and so the first thing that hit the ground was his face. Typically when people fall, because of instinct, they put out their hands to catch themselves and so they scrape up their palms. He had road rash on the BACK of his hand and a sick gash in his chin. Nothing else got scraped because he was wearing a pretty thick wool jacket and he slid on his arm for a bit. I was riding right behind him so I saw the whole thing and it just replays in my head every time I think about it. Typically it splits me up because it was so flipping funny, but awful, so I have just been cracking up randomly ever since it happened. This is pretty hard typing this up honestly. He bled a lot and then eventually it clotted and he had this weird clot thing hanging off. It was pretty gnarly. Elder Astorga and Elder Baumbach came and took us to Instacare and he got two stitches inside the wound and 6 on the outside. It was super cool; I have never seen anyone get stitches before. Elder Gill was pretty lighthearted about it. I will attach a video of the after math. He gave me permission to take the video, but I think he got a little nauseous when he saw the injury. You can tell when he starts feeling sick because his face turns yellow. 




I felt a little bad and shouldn't have done a selfi video, but hey, you live and learn right. I should have taken a picture after the blood clot came off because it was super deep and super gross.

The next thing I sent was a video of the transfer phone call. We knew Sunday night that we were both going to be training but we had no idea we were going to be training in a trio. We thought that Elder Gill was going to leave. This next week will be exciting because on Tuesday we have transfers, Thursday we go to the temple, and Friday we have zone conference. 




Ok, so to answer some questions. Yes I have gotten my boots from the office but I had to ask for special permission and we had to get a ride there. I would like it a lot better if you sent stuff to our house. With Sister Lafferty, we were walking into Mickey d's and I saw her on the front of the line in the drive through. It was super weird seeing a face I recognized! But it was awesome! I had no clue she lived here! 

Oh yeah, we went to temple square with Zoe and Jason to see the lights and it was awesome. Jason was super sick when we were driving there but we said a prayer that he would feel better while we were there and he did. He was like completely recovered after having his head half way out the window for the drive there. Zoe really loved it and they both said they were exited to go through the temple to be sealed a year after Zoe is baptized. After we left and got in the car, Jason almost instantly felt super sick again. It was definitely a miracle. I know that this is a work of miracles. It is a work of mighty changes of heart. It is a work of relationships, change, growth and tender mercies. 

I love this scripture written by Isaiah in Isaiah 9:6 -
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This was written hundreds of years before Christ was born. Historians would look at Christianity starting after Christ's ministry and crucifixion. They would look at it as a widely spread religion brought about by many followers and friends that traveled and spread the word. They would look at it as a well recorded ministry of an inspiring leader.  I testify that this is not true. I know that Christianity was not formed by the words or writing of man. I know that Christ is the center of all things. We even count our time from His birth. I know that His atonement was the greatest event in the history of this world. I know that the prophets starting with Adam have always testified of Christ and they always will. I know He is the Mighty God. I know He is the Prince of Peace. I know He is a gift to the world. He is The Love of God manifested to all mankind. 

This season we are celebrating our Savior and His birth. A Savior is born for you. 

Love,
Elder Moe
"Yes it is a mirror selfie, but it's awesome...
"This cat was hard to take a selfie with."
"District awesome continued.  Elder Asker is the guy next
to me.  He is part of the senior couple in Murray."


No comments:

Post a Comment