Friday, March 4, 2016

"Insane Amount of Love for the Scriptures"

"This is Williamson.  He is in one of the YSA wards and is the
happiest coolest kid you could meet."
Dear Family,

I had a good week this week. I am really starting to appreciate the thirty minutes we have in the morning to exercise and I have been running every morning! I actually am starting to enjoy going on a run at 6:30 in the morning. Sounds super weird right. I really do notice that I feel a ton better throughout the day. I have also gotten a little ahead in the 100 days Book of Mormon reading challenge schedule; I just finished it today. I, over the last month, have changed/grown a ton and I have an insane amount of love for the scriptures. It's not just studying, because I am studying, but because I actually want to really bad! I get frustrated when that hour flies by and have occasionally been getting up at 5:30 to read. (Don't worry mom I don't do it too often)

We stopped by the Gelwix's!  At first Sis. Gelwix didn't recognize us and then she was like "OHHH I CAN'T HUG YOU!!" and put out her hand.  She talked to us for like 30 minutes!  Hahaha!  She said if we needed an Elders Quorum that needed to be whipped into shape, Bro. Gelwix could come and do some motivational speaking.

One of our investigators has been making a ton of progress and actually gave up his e-cig to us this week. He is so sincere and has been seeing a ton of blessings in his life. Sometimes I wonder why that doesn’t happen with all of our investigators. Why can’t all of our investigators pray and feel the love of God all around them? I have realized that it’s because of faith. When Don prays, he truly trusts in God and that he will answer his prayers. He trusts us and he trusts God. 

Moroni 7
36 Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved?

37 Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain.

I truly know if we trust in God enough then we can be like the brother of Jared.  We can literally move mountains like he did. We can see Christ. I have always wondered what made him have so much faith? Can you guys study some about the brother of Jared? What made him have such powerful faith?

Love,

Elder Moe
"Plastic didn't want the corned beef you sent,
so Sister Uelese literally screamed and took it from me."
"This was our Assistants baptism.  I got to interview a few of them!"
"This is Sister Johnson and James.  Sister Johnson is from Claremore!
She's a convert."







No comments:

Post a Comment