Thursday, July 21, 2016

THE BOOK OF MORMON: "We Need to be Reading It Daily"

"Preston Street!  I am on exchanges with
Elder Bermudez!"
Dear Family!

I did have a great week! We have some crazy amazing things happening here. Things are starting to work and I am feeling like I am starting to figure things out! I love what sister Gay said when they came and spoke to our mission. "The biggest thing I learned on my mission is that I still have a lot to learn." How true is that!!

The huge theme for me this week has been THE BOOK OF MORMON. That really should be a life theme but I feel like my testimony of the Book of Mormon has been growing in leaps and bounds! I am very grateful for Brother Lykins who encouraged me to memorize what Joseph Smith said about the Book of Mormon in the introduction: “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book." I know that this is so true. Preach My Gospel says that the Book of Mormon is our most valuable tool for conversion! I love that.

We had quite a few experiences this week with investigators and less actives we are working with that are going along with the Book of Mormon. We are doing all we can to make sure that that is becoming a constant and daily thing for them! Every single less active we meet and talk to, when asked if they have been reading the Book of Mormon and praying daily they tell us no. As the keystone of our religion and the powerful testimony that it bears of the One who should be cornerstone in our lives, we need to be reading it daily!

We were asked to teach a Sunday School class and forgot about it until Ward Council that morning at 8 AM...  We spent about an hour preparing and it was on the story of the Anti-Nephi-Lehis. We discussed what led to their conversion and what things reflected their conversion. They are one of the most converted people we read about in the Book of Mormon because they were willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING because of the mighty change that was brought about in their hearts!

This email was kind of all over the place sorry! I love you guys!
Love,

Elder Moe
"I made a transfer journal finally."
"I thought this was great placement for a sunflower."
"Cafe Rio!! Elder Soelberg found a Serrano pepper in his salad.
Like a fresh uncooked Serrano pepper...  I ate one half and
Elder Manning ate the other.  It was funny!  I finished my
food really fast!"

No comments:

Post a Comment