Thursday, July 7, 2016

"The Switch Happened!"

July 4, 2016

Dear Family,

“Woah woah woahhhhhhh oh yeahhh-ahhh-ahhhhu haaa.” That’s the begging of 30 Pieces of Silver by Afa Garragain. It's stuck in my head. So this week was super good. We met President and Sister Hillier and that's what most of this letter will be about! They are awesome!  For my impression of them, see the attached picture below.

"My impression of President & Sister Hillier"
Monday we got a few e-mails from the Eberhardts and had a normal p-day. They asked all of us to wear our mission shirts. It was pretty cool. On Tuesday morning the switch happened! We went on exchanges with the Assistants Tuesday evening to help with the Swahili area, and Elder Thompson told me about the switch and everything and how exited he was. Wednesday we met with them! We had three zones combined come to the Holladay Stake Center to meet them. Sister Hillier actually spoke for most of the time. They did a slideshow of their family so we could get to know them a little better and then they had all of us meet them by companionship as we went into the chapel. Sister Hillier is super outgoing and friendly and President is more quiet but he is really loving! We met their son that is a RM (returned missionary) going to BYU and their 17 year old son who is going to finish his senior year here in SL. They both gave short talks and it was funny because the 17 year old son kept having to correct himself for saying "you guys." He looked back at his parents and said, “they told me I was supposed to say "Elders and Sisters" not "you guys."” President got up and talked to us about the power of the Book of Mormon and used segments from the training for new mission presidents (you should watch that by the way, it's so good!). He also told us that the spirit would "quicken our relationship." It is so true and I have felt it already. I have so much love for the Hilliers and I am exited that my Heavenly Father has sent me to them. 
Volunteering at the Fourth of July Breakfast at the Millcreek
Lion's Club event.

Here are some journal entries:

July 1, 2016
We met President Hillier and he is awesome. He told a story of when he was on a speaking assignment with Elder Bednar. At the end of his talk he gave an apostolic blessing upon everyone there. After his talk and the closing prayer, he stood up after a few minutes and went to the stand and revoked the blessing because of the irreverence in the chapel.

June 29, 2016 8:38 AM
This morning I think I just heard the voice of Grandma Venable. I was falling asleep during study (NOT GOOD) and I heard "Brinton." It sounded like Grandma but a little different. More sharp. She was keeping me in line.

Love,
Elder Moe

No comments:

Post a Comment