Saturday, August 13, 2016

"I Hit My Year Mark"



Missionary Leadership Conference
Dear family!
This week has been crazy and very reflective because I hit my year mark.... That seems unreal. We have had a lot of miracles in our area. Our strongest thing has been finding. We have been bold and fearless on the streets and we are meeting some prepared people. We were in these trailers and we walked up on a bunch of kids that were practicing for a Quincinera (probably didn't spell that right). Elder West knew one of them from the Spanish branch and Kaden, this awesome YSA kid that was with us, knew one of them from somewhere else. Kaden was saying how this kid named Jose that was there was fast and that we should race. He finally said he would race us and we did.  Elder West got first, I got second and Jose got third - That wasn't the miracle. After we said bye to them and stuff, we were walking to the car and Jose came up to us and said, “Hey guys, can I ask you a question?” He said, “I have been thinking of becoming a Mormon.” That's like the best question ever! Hahah We taught him there about baptism and promised him that this will be one of the best decisions he would make in his entire life because he would be cleansed from his sins and make promises with God. We invited him to be baptized on the 20th of August and he said he would! We passed him off to the other Evanston Elders and they said that he came to church and is super solid. Moral of the story… Beat people in footraces and they wanna get baptized. Jk, real moral... God is in charge of this work! All we need for a successful mission is diligence, obedience and faith.

Here is some stuff from my journal!

August 3, 2016 Wednesday 8:17 AM

Right now we are at the AP's (Assistants to the President) apartment staying here for MLC (Missionary Leadership Conference). It is huge and soooo nice. It's super cool being back with my last two companions; Elder Soelberg seems super happy and so does Elder Nelson! They are both great assistants and I love them a lot. It's cool just being together working out and joking just like we used to! I just realized that Elder Soelberg reminds me a lot of my dad in the way he looks. He has the same silly smile and the blonde hair like when he was younger. He even has a fake tooth!

August 2, 2016 Tuesday 9:36 PM
"Dogs on a roof"
We had some amazing stuff happen today! We went to visit a family that I had a prompting to stop by and see. We had driven by and saw them outside and decided to turn around. At the door, he told us that he was glad that we came by now because his family is ready. We set up a return appointment and it was sweet! We found another guy that when we taught him said that he had been searching for the right religion. He was wearing pajama pants and he didn't have a shirt on. It was awesome! He accepted the invitation to be baptized!

August 6, 2016 Saturday 8:14
Oh my. I have been out on my mission for a year. I am almost half way. Oh my. I can't believe it. This past year has probably been the most amazing growing experience of my life. I have seen a huge change not just in my behavior, but in my nature. I can't believe I have been out a year. I am here in Wyoming and it just feels like last week that I was an hour and a half up the road in Green River with Elder Berry and Elder Thomas. Everyone says the second year goes by faster and I hope they are all dirty rotten liars. I have known I wanted to serve a mission for my entire life. I have looked forward to this for ALL OF MY LIFE. Here I am a year in, not even comprehending what this next year will bring me. I need to set goals and make plans to have this be the best year of my life yet. I want this to be a year serving with all of my heart, might, mind and strength. I want to give it everything EVERYTHING. I want to quadruple the progress I have made. I will do it.

GOALS
#1 & #2 Read Preach My Gospel and the Book of Mormon all the way through
every quarter.
#3 Have humility as a natural tendency.


Oh yeah, last night I had a nightmare. I thought there was a rat in my bed or something and woke up yelling and freaking out. I asked Elder West to turn on the lights, and of course after shaking my sheets, nothing was in my bed.

One more thing, we had an absolutely amazing MLC! (Missionary Leadership Conference)

Love,
Elder Moe

"Sister Training Leaders!  Look carefully behind them in the window" ;)
"Amazingly Graceful Elder Moe" (if you can't see 
the video, click on the link)

No comments:

Post a Comment