Thursday, October 6, 2016

"Conference Was Awesome!"

"Cliche missionary picture"
Oct. 3, 2016

Dear Family,

First of all happy birthday to my amazing mother! Countless times on my mission I have heard your voice telling me things like... "if you do it right the first time you won't have to do it again!" Thank you for all you have taught me. I have a distinct memory of me standing by the end of my bed in front of the dresser, putting jeans away or something and I had said something spot on about cleaning things or having them organized, how it was easier and I remember mom you were proud of me and told me that I was learning and starting to grow up. I was still very young and wasn't close to grown up but I was so proud of myself and I hope you know that was one of many defining moments in my life it helped me a lot get to where I am!

Conference was awesome! Here are some of the things I learned:

-Sincerely ask what God thinks of you.

-Bring STABLING BLOCKS into your life.

-Olive symbolism. It comes out blood red.

-Look for more opportunities to show confidence in my companions.

-My Heavenly Father is so merciful. Even with all of my pride he continues to bless me with growth and knowledge that sometimes even continues to puff my pride. He trusts me to realize this and fix it.

-"The way you see a child is the way you treat them, and the way you treat them is who they will become." 

-How do we make our prayers more sincere? Picture our Heavenly Father with you!

To answer your question about who we watched with!

We watched conference at...
Sat morning: Steve and Brother Flake
Sat afternoon: The Lancaster's and Debbie 
Priesthood: The Burhans at the church 
Sun morning: Lancasters 
Sun afternoon: the Paynes and Christina

We aren't allowed to go to conference being in Wyoming.  A small price to pay!

What were my Favorite talks?
Elder Henry B. Eyring: When he talked about lifting others in the Priesthood and our potential! 

Elder Legrand R. Curtis:  He told some of those stories in our zone conference and told us he was going to tell them in conference so we were listening. He interviewed me when he came and I love him a lot.

Elder Anderson:  His friend he baptized was in our mission!  The picture he showed in conference was with OUR Sisters, him and his convert friend!  IT WAS SO SWEET! Sister McKendric (wrong spelling) came out with me and I was so stoked when the picture came up. I was freaking out inside during the Priesthood session.

We are teaching a lady that is so awesome! She has a ton of faith and is preparing to get baptized this week! We pray that we can help her completely quit smoking in time!

This picture was taken at the Lancaster's during Elder Stevenson's talk on the Book of Mormon being the keystone; Debbie was there. Sister Lancaster said, “I don't have a keystone!” And then I stuck the Book of Mormon up there.

We are working with another lady that lives next door to 2 churches and her house burnt down.  Our members are the only ones that have reached out to her. She has been fully involved in church and wants to be baptized on the15th! All I have time for sorry!!!

I know that this is God’s kingdom on the earth preparatory for the second coming of the Messiah. We are making sure that when the Bridegroom cometh, the people of Evanston, Wyoming are ready. This work will roll forth; it cannot be stopped. God is in this work; the work of Salvation.  Jesus is the Christ.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you! 

Elder Moe

Elder Moe, Colton, Elder Douglass



If the video does not show up, then click on the Elder Brinton Moe in the Salt Lake City East Mission link at the bottom of the page, or if it shows as an error, click on the youtube link in the black video box.
"The storms here are weak"

No comments:

Post a Comment